- London Studio
- Kent Studio 1
- Kent Studio 2
- The Practice Philosophy
Guy Hollaway is an RIBA award-winning architectural and interior design practice that has a strong reputation for high quality design, competing on a national and international level.
Located in London and on the South East coast, the practice offers both architecture and interior design expertise. We employ youth and experience in balance and the team is passionately involved in all projects from inception through to completion, ensuring delivery of quality and reinforcement of the design concept. The design processes, in which we sketch, build physical models and create computer visualisations in order to experiment and innovate, deliver architecture that balances sensitive contextual response with elegant functionality.
We are committed to delivering high-quality projects that present innovative design solutions and excellent value through careful control of cost and programme that ensure client satisfaction.
For all projects undertaken, regardless of scale or budget, we strive to gain a clear understanding of our clients brief to define clear objectives and requirements. We spend time to work with our clients and specialist consultants to identify opportunities, allowing us to investigate design options to produce an optimum design proposal.
Underlying the approach to all our projects is an unwavering pursuit of the right solution, meaning that we strive for simple yet subtle designs that work efficiently, have a clear delivery of concept and are enjoyed by end users, and ultimately contribute to the context of place.
- RIBA Regional Award (Pobble House, Dungeness)
- Kent Design Awards - Best House (Pobble House, Dungeness)
- World Architecture Award - Façade Of The Year (The Crit Building, University Of Kent)
- Kent Design Awards (Overall Winner) (Rocksalt Restaurant)
- The Steven Lawrence Award Finalist (The Marquis, Boutique Hotel & Restaurant)
- RIBA Regional Award (Rocksalt Restaurant)
- RIBA Regional Award (The Marquis, Boutique Hotel & Restaurant)
- RIBA National Award (Mill House - Private Dwelling)
- RIBA Manser Medal (Finalist) (Mill House - Private Dwelling) RIBA Regional Award (Commended)
- Kent Design Awards (Best Education Category) (St. James the Great School)
- Building Design & Construction Award (St. James the Great School)
- Building Design & Construction Award (Ashford Oaks School)
- Evening Standard New Homes Award (Home Farm - Private Dwelling)
- RIBA Regional Award (Residential Leisure) (Home Farm - Private Dwelling)
- ‘Britain’s Best Home’ (Admiralty House - Private Dwelling)
- Kent Design Award (Best Small Project) (Admiralty House - Private Dwelling)
- RIBA Regional Award (Best Conversion) (Admiralty House - Private Dwelling)
- Kent Design Award (Education) (Phoenix School)
- ‘What House’ Award (Best House in UK) (Admiralty House - Private Dwelling)
- RIBA National Award (St. Augustine School)
- Kent Design Award (Overall Winner) (St. Augustine School)
- Kent Design Award (Education Category) (St. Augustine School)
Guy Hollaway Architects is made up of three Design Studios; within each there is a balance of youth and experience. Socialising plays an important role towards achieving a positive and innovative working environment, and is a chance for the three Studios, which are spread between Hythe in Kent and Kings Cross in London to get together, which is always a huge success!
Competitive sporting events between the Studios have been popular such as curling and hockey at our GHA-designed Three Hills sports centre. Together with these larger activities, there are regular curry night and Friday lunches, to celebrating special occasions.