- Tim Goode
- Matt Whitby
- Mike Pearson
- Alex Richards
- Sara Shihabi
- Aimee Harris-Apps
- The Practice Philosophy
Guy Hollaway is an RIBA award-winning architectural and interior design practice that has a strong reputation for high quality design, competing on a national and international level.
Located in London and on the South East coast, the practice offers both architecture and interior design expertise. We employ youth and experience in balance and the team is passionately involved in all projects from inception through to completion, ensuring delivery of quality and reinforcement of the design concept. The design processes, in which we sketch, build physical models and create computer visualisations in order to experiment and innovate, deliver architecture that balances sensitive contextual response with elegant functionality.
We are committed to delivering high-quality projects that present innovative design solutions and excellent value through careful control of cost and programme that ensure client satisfaction.
For all projects undertaken, regardless of scale or budget, we strive to gain a clear understanding of our clients brief to define clear objectives and requirements. We spend time to work with our clients and specialist consultants to identify opportunities, allowing us to investigate design options to produce an optimum design proposal.
Underlying the approach to all our projects is an unwavering pursuit of the right solution, meaning that we strive for simple yet subtle designs that work efficiently, have a clear delivery of concept and are enjoyed by end users, and ultimately contribute to the context of place.
- Career Opportunities
Guy Hollaway Architects is an innovative award-winning architectural practice always seeking talented individuals to join our energetic and creative Kent and London studios. If you are looking to further your career and enhance your skills across a broad range of projects then please apply.
Applications will only be considered if accompanied by a completed Application Form, CV and Portfolio. Only those selected for Interview will be contacted.
Guy Hollaway Architects is an equal opportunities employer and has a comprehensive policy in place. We value the creative potential which individuals from diverse backgrounds and with differing skills and abilities, bring to the architectural profession.
- George Clarke Medal Winner (The Cottage)
- Property Week Student Accommodation Awards Highly Commended (Palamon Court)
- What Awards 'Best Luxury House' Silver Winner (Manor Barn)
- The Sunday Times British Homes Awards Winner (The Cottage)
- AJ Retrofit Awards Finalist (The Cottage)
- BD Architects of the Year Award shortlisted for Individual House
- RIBA Regional Award (Pobble House, Dungeness)
- Kent Design Awards - Best House (Pobble House, Dungeness)
- World Architecture Award - Façade Of The Year (The Crit Building, University Of Kent)
- Kent Design Awards (Overall Winner) (Rocksalt Restaurant)
- The Steven Lawrence Award Finalist (The Marquis, Boutique Hotel & Restaurant)
- RIBA Regional Award (Rocksalt Restaurant)
- RIBA Regional Award (The Marquis, Boutique Hotel & Restaurant)
- RIBA National Award (Mill House - Private Dwelling)
- RIBA Manser Medal (Finalist) (Mill House - Private Dwelling) RIBA Regional Award (Commended)
- Kent Design Awards (Best Education Category) (St. James the Great School)
- Building Design & Construction Award (St. James the Great School)
- Building Design & Construction Award (Ashford Oaks School)
- Evening Standard New Homes Award (Home Farm - Private Dwelling)
- RIBA Regional Award (Residential Leisure) (Home Farm - Private Dwelling)
- ‘Britain’s Best Home’ (Admiralty House - Private Dwelling)
- Kent Design Award (Best Small Project) (Admiralty House - Private Dwelling)
- RIBA Regional Award (Best Conversion) (Admiralty House - Private Dwelling)
- Kent Design Award (Education) (Phoenix School)
- ‘What House’ Award (Best House in UK) (Admiralty House - Private Dwelling)
- RIBA National Award (St. Augustine School)
- Kent Design Award (Overall Winner) (St. Augustine School)
- Kent Design Award (Education Category) (St. Augustine School)
Guy Hollaway Architects is made up of three Design Studios - two in Kent and one in London. Each studio is encouraged to regularly team up to participate in social events outside of the office; promoting a positive and innovative working environment within.
Competitive sporting events between the studios have been hugely popular; Curling at Tunbridge Wells, Go Ape at Leeds Castle and Hockey at our GHA-designed Three Hills sports centre are amongst our favourite memories.
2015 and 2016 saw our three studios join together and hit the ski slopes in the French Alps. Mixing up our teams, our newer members and novice skiers enjoyed instructed ski lessons on the bunny slopes, whilst the adventure seekers among the group took Guy’s lead and encouragement hitting some very hairy black runs and moguls.
Each year we like to throw a client based party to celebrate the start of summer with the purpose of getting to know one another better. The evening is usually themed involving live music and dancing. Last year saw us celebrate in a truly 'English Seaside' fashion. Embracing our love of transforming coastal towns we enjoyed Fish 'n' Chips and icecreams, and a silent Disco.
Together with these larger activities there are regular curry nights and Friday lunches to celebrate birthdays and special occasions, or just because!